St Elizabeth's rely on generous donations to keep the Charity Shops going. Anything you would like to donate can be dropped off at any of our 11 branches, during opening hours. We also offer a free collection service for larger items of furniture, and a delivery service for a small fee.
While we are grateful for your donations, unfortunately we cannot accept the following items:
- Skateboards, skates, slides and swings
- Child safety seats, prams, pushchairs, cots and carry cots, cot mattresses, bumpers or baby slings
- Children’s clothing with a drawstring on the neck or hood
- Toys which are unsafe (i.e with sharp edges or pieces)
- Cigarettes, tobacco products or ash trays
- Real fur goods
- Chemical products, paint or varnishes
- Gas and/or oil appliances, or batteries
- Razors, broken or chipped glass or china, corkscrews, scissors or weapons
- Crash helmets, cycle helmets, riding hats, protective clothing or equipment of any kind
- Exercise equipment without the manufacturer’s instructions
- Counterfeit items including DVDs and designer goods
- DVDs or videos without a British Board of Film Classification (BBFC)
- Items marked as ‘not for resale’
- Pillows, duvets and eiderdowns
- Earrings for pierced ears
- Food and drink
Please ensure that all soft furnishings have fire labels attached. St Elizabeth’s cannot sell furnishings without them.
While we cannot accept duvets and mattresses, our suggestion is to consider donating these items to your nearest animal charity.
If you are unsure about any items you would like to donate, or would like to arrange for a collection/delivery, please contact our Fundraising team on 01279 844355 or Angela Fordrey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please pop into your local branch for further information.